Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Prayer for Isaac Bonewits

We've been very private about our practice in the last decade or so, which has meant I'm pretty much out of the loop when it comes to new publications and authors, news of well known pagans, and so on. I did happen to go to Isaac & Phaedra Bonewits' web site a while ago, so I knew he had been ill with cancer. I discovered today that Isaac is nearing the end of this life.

I won't make any pretense of saying I know Isaac and his family. I met him once at a fest, many years ago. I took a workshop with Deborah Lipp, the mother of his son. I read his book Real Magic, as so many of us have.

So no special connection here, and no insider knowledge on what is going on with Isaac. I read the news on Isaac & Phaedra's Facebook page. His siblings are apparently travelling to be with him at the end. I pray they will reach him in time to say the kind of goodbyes they want to say.

My heart goes out to all those who are touched by Isaac's battle with cancer, and I pray his transition from this life to the next one will be a peaceful one.

No comments: